Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Work History

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
David

Work History _
PostSubject: Work History   Work History EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks for all your anwers and my last topic, but i had another question, can police departments actually look back at your work history and find out all the jobs you had and from how many you got fired from, and is their such thing as a workhistory background check that police departments do , or do they even check your work history.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

Work History _
PostSubject: Re: Work History   Work History EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 pm

There are many ways police departments can find out what jobs you've had. Yes, they do check with your previous employers. On applications you are asked to list all the jobs you've had within a certain number of years. The police departments would contact those employers to verify the information you provided such as dates employed and position(s) held. Good officers would ask to see the application that you filled out when you applied for that job in order to see if information matches what you listed on your police application and to see if you've left anything out. They would also try to speak with your supervisors and some other people you worked with to try to determine what kind of employee you were. They might also ask your friends or family members where else you've worked if they suspect that you've not listed some jobs you've held. If they find something you conveniently left out on your police application, you could be disqualified.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

Work History _
PostSubject: Re: Work History   Work History EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:26 am

Yeah, if they do a good background investigation, they will find out where you worked even if you don't tell them! It's better to tell them, and keep your fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

Work History _
PostSubject: Re: Work History   Work History EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Finding out where someone worked is very easy. All they have to do is check your tax records.

If you are that concerned about something that happened at a previous job or you got fired or something, just don't disclose it if it will be an automatic DQ.

They can't find out EVERYTHING. HR departments policies are only to verify dates of employment to avoid being sued. It isn't necessary for them to disclose anything else but they won't. Even if a worker lost their job for violating policy they won't disclose it, because it isn't their problem and they can care less if other companies take a risk with you.

I put it to a test myself by going through an agency that you pay a few bucks for to try to see what you can get with an employment reference. They said they'll try to dig up all they can, but in the end all they got is what position I worked and the dates I was employed. I even lost my job at one of those places for starting a verbal shouting match with a customer when I was 18 and they wouldn't give them that info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work History _
PostSubject: Re: Work History   Work History Empty

Back to top Go down

Work History

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-