Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

will police ride alongs help ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trying t

will police ride alongs help ?? _
PostSubject: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:51 pm

i have several things wrong with my history such as credit , a few minor charges on my back ground when younger but nothing over class c . But my main question is if i know where i want to work will going on ride alongs maybe help me get hired with this particular dept ? I am in the academy now and will graduate in three months so any info will help me ..
THANKS
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:26 am

If you make a good impression, it can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:48 pm

I did ride-alongs with 3 different police departments before becoming a police officer. It might help you get hired, but even if it doesn't you'll enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
T

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:27 pm

It depends on how the police department does it's hiring. It could help you. Like another poster wrote, it can't hurt unless you give off a bad impression.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:18 am

I did a couple ride-alongs with a local department before I became a police officer. They are great for networking.
Back to top Go down
jeraphery

PostSubject: ride alongs   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

it cant do anything but help you, good experience...also depends on the impression you give the department
Back to top Go down
T

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Just don't be a total jerk, and it can't hurt!
Back to top Go down
Sam2010

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Police ride-alongs are awesome! You can get a real good idea if being a police officer is for you or not. I recommend them to ANYONE that wants to be a police officer! They're a great chance to do some networking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will police ride alongs help ??   will police ride alongs help ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

will police ride alongs help ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-