Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Just some questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Journey

Just some questions _
PostSubject: Just some questions   Just some questions EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:00 pm

I basically just have some general questions..any answers would be great.

1) How can i find out my record?

2) I'm an 18 year old female, right now i go to a vocational school for law enforcement and I'm at the top of my class of about 60-70 students. My freshman and sophomore year of HS weren't to good, i smoke marijuana and tried shrooms and LSD a couple times. I haven't done anything in over 2 years. I have a 3.8 GPA and am in honor courses. I am attending Western Illinois University for Law Enforcement this Fall, so basically i just want to know if my little bit of bad past will lower my chances? Also if the drugs i tried will keep me from being able to become a DEA agent, which is overall what i want to become?

Any answers would be great, Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
max

Just some questions _
PostSubject: Re: Just some questions   Just some questions EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:07 am

Your never turned away by your history as long as it was in the past and you never did it again they will give you a shot. Remember everyone makes mistakes, don't let them hold you back.
Back to top Go down
Lt

Just some questions _
PostSubject: Re: Just some questions   Just some questions EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:32 pm

If you ever used LSD, my department would never hire you.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Just some questions _
PostSubject: Re: Just some questions   Just some questions EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:45 pm

You would be automatically disqualified with some departments, but some departments would still hire you eventually.
Back to top Go down
AG

Just some questions _
PostSubject: Re: Just some questions   Just some questions EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Some PDs would hire you at some point, but the DEA would not. Below is from the DEA's website.

Applicants who are found, through investigation or personal admission, to have experimented with or used narcotics or dangerous drugs, except those medically prescribed, will not be considered for employment with DEA. Exceptions to this policy may be made for applicants who admit to limited youthful and experimental use of marijuana. Such applicants may be considered for employment if there is no evidence of regular, confirmed usage and the full-field background investigation and results of the other steps in the process are otherwise favorable. Compliance with this policy is an essential requirement of the position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just some questions _
PostSubject: Re: Just some questions   Just some questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Just some questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-