Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

will this disqualify me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeff

will this disqualify me _
PostSubject: will this disqualify me   will this disqualify me EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:12 pm

I am currently 18 years old and have concerns whether or not i have a chance at getting a police job, i a senior in high school about to graduate

i would say seventh grade summer i have made some mistakes that i question would or would not prevent me from becoming a police officer.
i smoked pot one time and realized i didn't like it....
i then one time witnessed my friend spray paint two cars.
we also snuck into houses and stole about 100 dollars total

couple weeks passed a cop came to my house and talked with me about everything..i was never arrested...went to court later for the spray paintings and didnt get in trouble because i didn't do it but did have to go through diversion and ended up doing community service...

after that i joined police explorers for two and a half years being good...
getting a job and being good
never recieved a speeding ticket of any kind or car accidents
its been almost four years now and i want to apply for a cso (community service officer)
i want to know if i have a chance...i regret the days i ever did those things..i will have to take a polygraph for the department i apply for and will be honest in every way
please tell me my chances
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: will this disqualify me   will this disqualify me EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:53 pm

I think you would be okay if it weren't for the "we also snuck into houses and stole about 100 dollars total" part. That might cause you problems. It depends. You might have a chance in a few years.
Back to top Go down
jeff

PostSubject: will this disqualify me?   will this disqualify me EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:58 am

i know but it was almost four years ago? and i have done lots of community service, doing the right thing... is there any police officers out there that can help me with this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: will this disqualify me   will this disqualify me EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:07 am

Four years isn't really a long time!
Back to top Go down
MIKEY

PostSubject: Re: will this disqualify me   will this disqualify me EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:38 am

YOU'RE ONLY 18 ANYWAY. YOU'LL BE GOOD TO GO IN A FEW MORE YEARS.
Back to top Go down
jeff

PostSubject: will this disqualify me?   will this disqualify me EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:42 pm

well I know four years is not THAT long, but i went through the explorer program for two and a half years, got a job I have done great at for more then two years, haven't done anything bad since....
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

PostSubject: Re: will this disqualify me   will this disqualify me EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:52 am

To be honest I haven't heard too many police officers being hired under like 24-25 anyway. Just get a college degree 4yr, not criminal justice, and work a steady job or two until then without having a lot of problems or bouncing around to different jobs. Four years ago isn't a long time ago for something like theft but it will be by the time you are old enough to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will this disqualify me   will this disqualify me Empty

Back to top Go down

will this disqualify me

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-