Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maninblu

New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests. _
PostSubject: New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.   New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 am

Hello to everybody. I recently moved to US (San Francisco) from Canada. I will get my green card soon. Planning to join local Law Enforcement agency. Behind my sholders: high school, 2 year college ( Law and Security), life experience (married, separated, divorced..), work experience not related to police, volunteering experience with two local police agency in Canada for 3 years, decent credit history, additional languages, clean driving and criminal records and I'm 30. I am confident that I have most what every police agency is looking for.

I am looking for any info that would help me to join police service. What are my options and first steps?

Thanks to all and good luck with your career choice.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.   New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Based on what you wrote, the thing that will hold you back the most is not being a U.S. citizen. All of the police departments that I'm familiar with require you to be a U.S. citizen to apply to become a police officer. Why did you move from Canada?
Back to top Go down
maninblu

PostSubject: Re: New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.   New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Smile Looking for a better life Smile
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.   New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 am

I didn't think Canada was so bad! I'm not sure, but I would think your chances of becoming a police officer would be better in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.   New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests. Empty

Back to top Go down

New in USA. Lookng to join USA Finests.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-