Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

background investigation question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
no boysc

background investigation question _
PostSubject: background investigation question   background investigation question EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:12 am

I have been applying to various different departments that in the area and I have been rejected by all of them so far most departments won't tell me exactly the reason for their decision. but a recent letter said I didn't demonstrate sound judgment. and 2 delinquent credit accounts the reason for the decision about the lack of sound judgment stems from my background. I have no major issues with my criminal background. But I married my second wife after divorcing my first wife ...or so I thought! turns out the paperwork from the first marriage was never filed properly by the court. when I found this out I immediately refiled and had the first marriage finalized. The department determined that although it was not intentional and no crime was committed..my failure to verify the first divorce shows a lack of judgment.

My question is this. Will most departments look at this as a major issue and not hire me ? Should I even keep applying? ,or is this a lost cause?
By the way I forgot to mention I have already graduated the academy and passed licensing exam.
Back to top Go down
Jets

PostSubject: Re: background investigation question   background investigation question EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 am

Maybe you've already tried this. You should discuss this with the background investigator before he starts the background investigation. Tell him everything before he starts investigating. If you still have delinquent credit accounts, you need to resolve them one way or another. Many departments would not hire you if there are plenty of other candidates to choose from.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: background investigation question   background investigation question EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Many departments would look at it that way. You might find a police department that would hire you though.
Back to top Go down
no boysc

PostSubject: Re: background investigation question   background investigation question EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:17 pm

So since many departments would see it that way and I might find a department to hire me..That sounds like a very big might ..odds are against me?
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: background investigation question   background investigation question EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 pm

I would say that in today's job market, odds might be against you, but all you can do is keep trying!
Back to top Go down
noboysco

PostSubject: Re: background investigation question   background investigation question EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:21 pm

I intend to just need to convince some of the departments that what's in the past is in the past. no one is perfect. Quite frankly I wouldn't want someone who has been squeaky clean their entire life they need to know how to relate to the criminal element.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: background investigation question   background investigation question Empty

Back to top Go down

background investigation question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-