Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cisco

applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. _
PostSubject: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 am

I have applied with at least 16 different agencies in surrounding areas where I live. I have yet to find a department that will offer me a position. Any advise on getting an offer.I have nothing major on my background but my credit rating is low because I don't manage debt over long periods of time I eliminate debt by paying it off early I was told this actually hurts your credit score. which is) what most employers look at. I have about $2000 left to pay before I am debt free.(except for the mortgage) This $2000 bothers them. I seriously doubt every officer has perfect credit. Is it just time to quit applying and find some other line of work or is this normal for this field?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm

It sounds like there might be another reason you're not getting hired. If your credit history is very bad, and it hasn't been very long since you've taken steps to improve it, then you might have to wait a few years. You could also try a couple of large departments out of your area.
Back to top Go down
cisco

PostSubject: Re: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 pm

almost everything I have is paid for (paid off early) just had a couple of credit cards that are in the process of being paid off ,I don't know why they would rather I carry the loan to full term rather than pay them off early even though that hurts your credit score I would rather not be saddlled with long term debt
banks and creditors are hoping you go the full length of the loan so they get more interest form you. So they penalize you for paying early. weird
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:05 am

I still don't think that is the problem. Simply having a low credit score shouldn't hurt your chances that bad. If you've consistently not paid your bills on time or have a large amount of debt, then that would cause you problems.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Something doesn't sound right!
Back to top Go down
cisco

PostSubject: Re: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 pm

I can't think of anything else that would hinder it I've spoken with friends who have nothing in their backgrounds and great credit one was even a Sgt with another department and even he can't find a job so either they are holding the positions for friends or relatives or they just want the applications to get the federal funding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..   applied with 16 departments not a single offer .. Empty

Back to top Go down

applied with 16 departments not a single offer ..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-