Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Questions for Dave0???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinkCop

Questions for Dave0??? _
PostSubject: Questions for Dave0???   Questions for Dave0??? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 5:50 pm

You mention you didn't like being a correctional officer? Can you tell me your point of view?
During the academy did you ever have any doubts that you would never make it?
Looking back are you actually glad that you are out of department of corrections? Don't have to be in the woods if an inmate escapes.
Was your pay much better?
Do you enjoy the freedom being on patrol?

thank you
Back to top Go down
DaveO

Questions for Dave0??? _
PostSubject: Re: Questions for Dave0???   Questions for Dave0??? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm

I found being a correctional officer was not for me. Everyone in jail was a criminal. You only deal with criminals all day. As a police officer, I am able to deal with the non-criminal elements of society too. I can deal with the bad guys, but also have the chance to help the good guys. Assisting a motorist or finding a lost dog is just as rewarding to me as catching a thief. I also didn't like being confined to one building all day. I like being able to cruise around the community. My pay did increase, but not much initially.
Back to top Go down

Questions for Dave0???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-