Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

applying at different agencies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cisco

applying at different agencies  _
PostSubject: applying at different agencies    applying at different agencies  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:59 am

I have applied at several agencies in the area. And everyone of the applications ask what other agencies have you applied with. My question is if I wasn't hired or DQ'd from one department and I never disclosed that I ever applied there how would the current department know to check with that agency about the info I gave them(I know agencies like to share info) Why should I tell them about an agency that passed me over when it could hurt my chances of getting hired somewhere else. I know they preach 'Honesty' and 'Full Disclosure' but seems like some of the questions they ask are designed to qet you DQ'ed. Why would I admit to something they have no way of finding out unless I tell them.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: applying at different agencies    applying at different agencies  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Departments in my area often have close enough relationships with one another that the supervisors or investigators can, and sometimes will, call each other to ask if a candidate has applied with them. It doesn't always happen, but it does sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: applying at different agencies    applying at different agencies  EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:52 am

THEY CAN FIND OUT EVEN IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM SOMETIMES!
Back to top Go down
Sharon

PostSubject: Re: applying at different agencies    applying at different agencies  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Some of the questions are designed to get you "DQ'ed" if you're not someone they want. The background investigation is to weed out undesirable candidates.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: DQ   applying at different agencies  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:24 am

Departments in my area often have close enough relationships with one another that the supervisors or investigators can, and sometimes will, call each other to ask if a candidate has applied with them. It doesn't always happen, but it does sometimes.

Could also be that the other department has already has done a background check on you and this saves this town time and money of doing another??? Question
Back to top Go down
Sharon

PostSubject: Re: applying at different agencies    applying at different agencies  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Good point JJ!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: applying at different agencies    applying at different agencies  Empty

Back to top Go down

applying at different agencies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-