Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harry201

Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security _
PostSubject: Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security   Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 pm

I just have a few questions about joining the department of homeland security. First, after college, if i want to become a law enforcement officer for DHS, do I apply to them first and then get sent to a academy like FLETC? Next, if there is a DHS base near my home, can i work out of there as my first assignment? Do I have to move homes?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security _
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security   Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:03 pm

If you want to become a law enforcement officer with the DHS, make sure you meet their qualifications, and apply. If they want you, they will train you. As far as working near your home, that likely depends on what position you get, and where your home is.
Back to top Go down

Becoming a Law Enforcement Officer at Homeland Security

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-