Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CHRIS09

Does past marijuana usage disqualify you? _
PostSubject: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Does past marijuana usage disqualify you? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm

My dream more than anything is to become a police officer one day. I found out I wanted to do this just this past year. I'm 19 and in college. I plan to get a degree in Business. I used to smoke for about a year when I was 18, but when I realized this was what I wanted to do, I quit. I never did anything else(no pills, no coke, no hard drugs). I never got in trouble for it, or anything else. But I'm guessing when I'm ready to apply, I'll be around 5-6 years clean. I know that different departments have different standards, but for the cops that answer this, I would like to know if I'd be applicable for their department. I live in California btw.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Does past marijuana usage disqualify you? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm not in California, but my department would not hire you.
Back to top Go down
CHRIS09

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Does past marijuana usage disqualify you? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 pm

I see. What are the standards for your department? And just curious, where are you an officer at?
Back to top Go down
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Does past marijuana usage disqualify you? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:44 am

Most of the police departments in California seem to not automatically disqualify applicants if they haven't used marijuana within 3 years. Below is the Oxnard Police Department's guidelines for applicants. With these guidelines, you could qualify.

*Sales of marijuana, drug or narcotic as an adult. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Use of any hallucinogenic. MAY DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of any illegal narcotic within the last three years. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of any illegal drug within the last three years. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of marijuana within the last year. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Extensive or prolonged alcohol abuse without intervention within the last three years. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of steroids within the last three years. MAY DISQUALIFY YOU
*Knowingly remaining in a place where marijuana, illegal drugs or illegal narcotics are used or sold. MAY DISQUALIFY YOU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Does past marijuana usage disqualify you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-