Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike 009

School _
PostSubject: School   School EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Does It matter what college I go to get my bachelors degree in CJ? I am thinking of going to a Career College and getting my bachelors is 3 years. Instead of going to a normal university and taking the same classes I took in High school.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

School _
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:18 am

What school doesn't matter so much. You should attend a school that is accredited by one of the following agencies:

1. Middle States Commission on Higher Education
2. New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3. North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
4. Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
5. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
6. Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Get a high grade point average, and learn as much as you can!
Back to top Go down
NY

School _
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 am

I would go to the largest, most well know school that you can. If you get a four year degree from a good university, you likely won't be taking the same classes that you did in high school. Also, I don't think that it is a good idea to get a criminal justice degree. Choose a different major.
Back to top Go down

School _
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:03 pm

I also would choose a major other than criminal justice Exclamation
Back to top Go down
HockeyRu

School _
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:27 pm

I also agree with others that choosing a degree other than criminal justice is a good idea. Why?
Because other degrees make you more marketable. You can only do certain things with CJ degree. There are just not many jobs out there for CJ degree. Imagine if you don't get a job as a LEO, then what are you going to do? Sure you can be a security guard or a detective or something, but with other degrees you can explore other opportunities IN ADDITION to becoming a police officer. Besides, CJ degree is a joke from what I hear because that program is easy compared to other ones. If you get a degree in computer science, business, etc. you are bringing something unique to the table that others might not have. For example, if you get an IT degree, then it just shows that you could fix computers problems in the department if necessary. A good skill to have. It really doesn't matter what degree you have though because the hiring board looks at the fact of whether you have a degree or not. Really doesn't matter what that degree is in; it is just supposed to show committment and willingness to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School _
PostSubject: Re: School   School Empty

Back to top Go down

School

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-