Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tyler27

Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd? _
PostSubject: Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?   Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:52 pm

I screwed up when I was 12 years old and hit mailboxes down. I got charged with 11 misdemeanors, 1 per mailbox, and a felony which was Mob Action.

I want to be a cop more than anything, and plan on going to school for my associate's degree in Law. I have a son now, and completely matured but don't want to waste my time if nobody will hire me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Hockey

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?   Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Most departments won't hire if there is a felony on your record.
But don't take my word for it; I am not a cop and I'm not $100 sure.
Back to top Go down
BobLaw

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?   Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm

What was the disposition of the case. If you were not actually convicted of the felony, then I would say you have nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?   Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm almost 100% sure that hitting mailboxes when you were 12 will not prevent you from ever becoming a police officer Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?   Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd? Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a Job as a Officer with Juvenile Reocrd?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-