Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

social networking sites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cisco

social networking sites _
PostSubject: social networking sites   social networking sites EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

I can certainly understand why law enforcement agencies want to look at your Facebook Myspace or Twitter accounts as part of a background investigation.. but why do some agencies not even allow you to have any social networking account. Are they afraid you might say something that would bring shame on the agency or that are going to put too much personal information... maybe someone can explain that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: social networking sites   social networking sites EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I think it could be because you could post some sensitive confidential information that you might not supposed to disclose.
Back to top Go down
cisco

PostSubject: social networking sites   social networking sites EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 pm

I can see why they would want to prevent that but if an officer was going to do that what's to keep them from talking about it in public which would probably be in a more localized setting where the information would be more relevant.
Back to top Go down
GregP

PostSubject: Re: social networking sites   social networking sites EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:36 am

I've been an officer for 5 years. I'm sure there might be some out there, but I don't know any police departments that prohibit members of their department from having a social networking account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: social networking sites   social networking sites Empty

Back to top Go down

social networking sites

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-