Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John21

Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer? _
PostSubject: Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?   Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 am

Here is a list of medications that had been prescribed to me, but I winged myself off of them a year ago due to lack of insurance. I just got health insurance, and would like to start taking these medications again. I would like to become a cop, so please let me know if these medications are appropriate for the job. Otherwise I will stop taking them so I can start my career in Law Enforcement.

Medications:
Adderall XR: for ADD
Depakote ER: for Migraines
Seroquel: for Sleep
Lithium: for Anxiety
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?   Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:40 am

I'm not sure, but I would think that it isn't so much the medication, but the conditions requiring the medications. I think the ADD and anxiety might cause you problems if they are severe.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?   Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't know if you would be disqualified due to the medications. What I can tell you is that I wouldn't take the chance of hiring you.
Back to top Go down
RON

PostSubject: Re: Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?   Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:07 am

WITH THAT LIST YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING A POLICE OFFICER JOB Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?   Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Prescriped Medications Disqualify You From Becomming A Police Officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-