Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Can I become an officer with dual citizenship?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
exodus

Can I become an officer with dual citizenship? _
PostSubject: Can I become an officer with dual citizenship?   Can I become an officer with dual citizenship? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 pm

I was born in Russia, but have lived in US since I was 13. I am 25 now. I have both Russian and US citizenships. Since I am a US citizen, I was wondering can I become a police officer in US and still retain my Russian citizenship? Or do you think they would ask me to give it up? If I swear on the application as well as the polygraph that I have never been associated with the Communist party (I know they ask that question) do you think it would be ok for me to keep my Russian citizenship? My dad works for the US gov't and he has a secret clearance (he has a dual citizenship as well). The reason I would like to keep it is because Russian citizenship is expensive and it gives me an opportunity to visit Russia for a vacation or something like that if I decide to in the future (Russia has some beautiful places to visit). BTW, I have not traveled outside of a country for the past 12 years if that makes a difference.
So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Can I become an officer with dual citizenship? _
PostSubject: Re: Can I become an officer with dual citizenship?   Can I become an officer with dual citizenship? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 pm

I believe that you would be able to retain dual citizenship.
Back to top Go down

Can I become an officer with dual citizenship?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-