Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Did I screw myself up during screening?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HockeyRu

Did I screw myself up during screening? _
PostSubject: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:49 am

I had screening earlier this week and we actually had to do written screening because not enough detectives were on site to perform oral screening interviews. Anyways, I have never done drugs and have no tickets and no criminal history. One thing that freaked me out is the fact that departments talk to each other and inform each other of applicants applying at various departments; what scared me is that if you lie at one department you might not get considered at another. Anyways, it came down to the fact that I indicated that I used inhalers last month. I don't even use drugs, but I was mowing the lawn last month and I knew that people get high off of crap like gasoline, glue, nitrous oxide, etc. because I was watching the show Intervention and I was curious about that stuff so I took a whiff of it. I didnt even huff it, I just smelled it and it smelled like crap and never tried it again. I mean who the heck hasn't smelled gasoline in their life? So do you think that I did the right thing that I disclosed that information or did I just shoot myself in the foot by saying this? Do you think I'll be able to make it to polygraph? If I get a chance to explain this, I dont think I'll have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:43 pm

If you only smelled or "took a whiff of" it, then you shouldn't have indicated that you have used inhalants.
Back to top Go down
HockeyRu

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Yeah, I actually found out that I shot myself in the foot on that one. I spoke to a sergeant who is helping me out with this process and he said he is going to contact the hiring department or whatever. I hope everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
HockeyRu

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Do you think it's possible for me to call the hiring department and tell them that I screwed up on the screening part of the process? Like I said, it was done on paper with little guidence from the hiring staff and I put the use of inhalants on there which I never used in my life. I wish I could fix this as this could prevent me from getting considered by other departments.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:21 pm

It's possible, and it might not be a bad idea. Although they might think to themselves something like "I've heard that one before".
Back to top Go down
HockeyRu

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 am

It shouldn't be a problem. I contacted the Sergeant who has been very helpful to me and he said that he'll take care of it. He also mentioned to me that when applying to other department, I would have to just explain what happened and it should be all good.

My question is, do most department have screening interview or do some do screening on paper or what?
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Most police departments would do some sort of screening interview before they start a background investigation on you.
Back to top Go down
HockeyRu

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 pm

I know they do screening, but is most of a time on paper or oral?
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 am

Both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did I screw myself up during screening?   Did I screw myself up during screening? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did I screw myself up during screening?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-