Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

police app question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guest177

police app question _
PostSubject: police app question   police app question EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 pm

One question on my police application is have you ever resigned after being informed an employer intended to discharge you?

I never have been fired or disciplined. I left my last job to pursue a law enforcement career, as this was not the direction I wanted my career to go. However, my last week employed I was on vacation and told my manager I was going to quit. He convinced me not to but then later in the week he called and said we would have a meeting when I came back where I may or may not have lost my job. It was simply in regards to talking to suboordinates outside of work which was taken very seriously. It was real stupid. I said I won't be returning. They marked that I quit. Nothing was ever documented, not sure what they would have documented anyway.

Up to this point I have been answering yes and explaining my answer but would it be a bad idea to say no now? I never have been DQ'D for this and I was given my entired vacation pay plus bonuses and even told to put my manager down for a reference.
I am not sure whether applications can be reviewed by police departments and/or background checks. Not that I am trying to lie but based upon exigent circumstances I am not sure if this situation applies and/or if I am giving too much information.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

police app question _
PostSubject: Re: police app question   police app question EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Sounds like you could answer either way. To be safe, it might be better to continue answering yes and explaining. This is probably more important if it hasn't been very long since you quit.
Back to top Go down
guest177

police app question _
PostSubject: Re: police app question   police app question EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Thanks. It has been about 1 1/2 years but I haven't even worked since then. I was able to save a lot of money and decided to get myself better qualified for police departments and went to the police academy. I graduated a few months ago and have started applying since taking my certification test. I will be working soon if I can not find anything but being a police officer would make me really happy and I would look forward to going to it everyday. I guess I could work part time til I find something.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

police app question _
PostSubject: Re: police app question   police app question EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 pm

I agree. You don't want a department to even think that you might have been trying to hide something!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

police app question _
PostSubject: Re: police app question   police app question Empty

Back to top Go down

police app question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-