Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

can this stop me from be coming a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guest081

can this stop me from be coming a police officer  _
PostSubject: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:22 pm

i have two felonies on my juvenile record one for theft i stole some video games and the other for agg assault i got into a fight with a kid. I'm now 30 years old and the last time i was in trouble is when i was 21 for joy riding which is a misdemeanor. so do i have any shot at becoming a police officer. please let me know thank you
Back to top Go down
guesttoo

PostSubject: Re: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:09 pm

I would find out for sure if they are on your record. If they are, see if you can get them expunged. Contact an attorney if you need to. Get an attorney to help you if needed.
Back to top Go down
mjnrickc

PostSubject: Re: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 pm

It is on my record I was told that I couldn't get it expunged cause I got into trouble again that's some rule they have in Pa
Back to top Go down
guesttoo

PostSubject: Re: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:47 am

In some states, juvenile court case "convictions" are usually not considered to be criminal convictions unless the juvenile was certified, tried, and convicted as an adult. If this is the case in Pennsylvania, juvenile convictions would not automatically disqualify you. However, the incident(s) would definitely be considered, and not be viewed favorably. Contact an attorney that specializes in employment law in Pennsylvania.
Back to top Go down
Jeep1

PostSubject: Re: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:47 am

I wouldn't count on becoming an officer. Have a backup plan!
Back to top Go down
mjnrickc

PostSubject: Re: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 am

With those two charges I wasn't charged as an adult
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can this stop me from be coming a police officer    can this stop me from be coming a police officer  Empty

Back to top Go down

can this stop me from be coming a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-