Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

one question involving my friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ssylar

one question involving my friend _
PostSubject: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:02 am

My friend is currently working towards becoming a police officer. He has told me that in order for him to become one, he cannot be affiliated with anyone who uses drugs within 3 years or w.e it may be. I'm wondering if this is true. Do they ask you on a polygraph? Am i dampening his chances of becoming an officer if i continue to do drugs? i don't do them around him nor do i hang out with him if i'm high. what is acceptable and what is not.

thanks guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Who a police officer candidate associates with can hurt the candidate's chances of getting hired in some cases. It depends on who and why he associates with them and on the policies of the department. Hanging out with you when you are not high and when you aren't holding any drugs probably won't hurt his chances if you are only a user. However, to be safe, I would suggest he not hang out with you.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Your friend will be okay.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Quick engaging in illegal activity. If your friend is smart, he'll stay away from you.
Back to top Go down
Marcus

PostSubject: Re: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 am

I agree that you should stop smoking weed, but I don't think it will affect your friend too much. I know a police officer that smoked weed for a long time before he became a police officer. I think it depends on what department he is trying to get hired by. Having an in or knowing someone always helps too Exclamation
Back to top Go down
MPTom

PostSubject: Re: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:36 pm

I had friends that smoked weed before I became a police officer. It didn't affect me at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one question involving my friend   one question involving my friend Empty

Back to top Go down

one question involving my friend

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-