Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

no reply from agencies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cisco

no reply from agencies _
PostSubject: no reply from agencies   no reply from agencies EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I have applied for many departments over the course of the last year with no luck. I seem to make it all the way up to the initial interview .with some departments, but still no offers. I have received DQ letters from some and some told me why I wasn't selected. However some departments won't even respond to my phone calls, return my messages or return emails I have sent. Is it me or is this just rude. I took the time to show up for the testing and passed with flying colors. spent countless hours filling out the personal history statement. The least I feel I am owed is a response as to the status of my application or if I have been DQ'ed tell me and let me move on. When did police departments get so arrogant? I understand that they can be overly selective with today's economy but how hard is it to return a phone call or an email? It doesn't look like a law enforcement career is in the cards for me. So I will be pursuing other avenues. I just wanted to ask if this is a standard practice for law enforcement agencies or are these departments just being rude? FYI I have had some of these applications in the process for over a year now. I would hope that the level of inefficiency doesn't carry over to the streets. I have always had a great deal of respect for Law Enforcement but I am beginning to see why some people just don't think too highly of police departments.
Back to top Go down
B

no reply from agencies _
PostSubject: Re: no reply from agencies   no reply from agencies EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:23 am

If some of the departments told you why you weren't selected, and the reasons were pretty much the same, then it is a good possibility that other departments also didn't select you for the same reason. I think it is not unusual that some departments provide people explanations and others don't. I do think that it would be a good idea for departments to at least let you know if you've been disqualified or not.
Back to top Go down
PHIL

no reply from agencies _
PostSubject: Re: no reply from agencies   no reply from agencies EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Some departments are currently flooded with applicants!
Back to top Go down
Joe

no reply from agencies _
PostSubject: Re: no reply from agencies   no reply from agencies EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:34 pm

I've had the same problem. I only tried 2 depts. so far, but neither gave me a reason why I wasn't selected Exclamation It's irritating Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

no reply from agencies _
PostSubject: Re: no reply from agencies   no reply from agencies Empty

Back to top Go down

no reply from agencies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-