Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Bureau of Engraving and Printing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
packers

Bureau of Engraving and Printing _
PostSubject: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Does anyone know if its worth submitting an application in for this federal position? I have no law enforcement experience other than an internship and have a high GPA in my Bachelor of Arts criminal justice degree. Education is supposed to take place of experience but sometimes I don't buy it. Just wondering if anyone had any input. I would love to be a federal police officer somewhere but the applications are brutal and usually warrant me a "sorry....but there are better qualified applicants" despite having a degree and honors.
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:48 pm

It's definitely worth submitting an application. If you haven't done so yet, apply with the United States Capitol Police. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) Police Operations Division is also accepting applications. The job market is tough right now. A lot of applicants might have college and law enforcement experience or military experience.
Back to top Go down
packers

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

True. I will give it a try though. I did complete the application process with the Capitol Police. They called me in February asking if I was still interested (this was about 4 months after my background check so I took it I passed everything). My conditional offer went until October I believe. I never heard back from them but I recently noticed they "emailed me" a "better qualified applicants" statement and to reapply in one year. This was sent about a few weeks before my conditional offer expired. Not sure why it took so long or if they got my app all mixed up. No idea. I guess since its federal they can do whatever they want.
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:26 pm

I would also apply for federal security guard jobs. They are 0085 series. Once you are a federal employee, getting other federal jobs, including police officer jobs, can be easier!
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Keep trying!
Back to top Go down
packers

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Interesting. I have been searching online at usajobs.gov for police officer and security jobs. Would federal security jobs be posted anywhere else?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Maybe, but they would definitely be posted at there. Do an advanced search and put 0085 as the series. There aren't too many right now, but there are some.
Back to top Go down
BAM

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm

The benefits are great!
Back to top Go down
packers

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:40 pm

I just applied last week so hopefully I hear back from them. I also took a POST test recently and mailed the results. If they accept that also, that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bureau of Engraving and Printing   Bureau of Engraving and Printing Empty

Back to top Go down

Bureau of Engraving and Printing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-