Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Question about probation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Packers

Question about probation _
PostSubject: Question about probation   Question about probation EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm still applying, so I am not hired yet but I do have a question about police officers during their FTO and probation period. I have heard many police officers being terminated because of poor performance during their probation period.

I am really excited about a career in law enforcement and I could not imagine what some of the problems might be that cause people to fail probation. I always just assumed to study hard. If you aren't getting something write it down, ask someone. If the street names are throwing you off, on your days off go for a drive around the neighborhood in your own car.

Any ideas what would cause someone to fail? Anything I should keep in mind/start working on (that cause people to fail) before I get hired?
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Question about probation   Question about probation EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:11 pm

I don't see too many officers not completing their probationary period. Most officers manage to get through it. Even many of the ones that maybe shouldn't have. You usually have to screw up bad or do something flagrantly wrong around here to not complete your probationary period.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Question about probation   Question about probation EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah most officers get pushed through. I do know of some that didn't make it but that's rare from what I've seen!
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Question about probation   Question about probation EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 pm

If it is a big department that has their own academy, probationary officers usually make it. If they aren't going to cut it, they would probably be weeded out during the academy.
Back to top Go down
StyleJ

PostSubject: Re: Question about probation   Question about probation EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I agree that most recruits that are going to wash out, wash out during the academy. A few don't complete their field training. Brown nose your FTO is the best advice Exclamation Laughing Just kidding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about probation   Question about probation Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about probation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-