Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Army MP VS Infantry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tmac

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi all, i will be joing the United States Army in the next week and i was wondering which one will give me a advantage being a cop, or being hired to be a cop...Military Police or Infantry. Im just trying to get my future planned, im currently 18 and would love to be a Police officer or Swat...ect down the road.

I cant Find a sure fire anwser anywhere online its all different. Any Help?
Back to top Go down
B

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Sing up for whatever MOS you think you would enjoy the most. Both would be just as good as the other as far as improving your chances of becoming a police officer. Being a veteran is what will help you get hired. Personally, I would chose MP. There are some other really good jobs in the Army too!
Back to top Go down
cisco

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:16 pm

last time I checked Military Police has a better chance of making rank but it is also a hard MOS to get into...A lot of enlistees want MP but infantry can be good depending on your job assignment.
Back to top Go down
Guest99

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Both would be good. Like cisco wrote, MP is probably more sought after, and therefore harder to get.
Back to top Go down
SPC

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:47 am

If you want to someday become a SWAT officer, I would go infantry Exclamation
Back to top Go down
JohnE

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 am

I would join the Air Force if I had the chance to do it again.
Back to top Go down
robert16

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:40 pm

JohnNe: May I ask why you would of joined the Air FForce if you could do it again?

Im not sure to join the Army or Air Force.
Back to top Go down
JohnE

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:10 pm

I was in the Army for four years. Based on what I saw and also on what I heard, I think Air Force personnel generally have a higher quality of life.
Back to top Go down
4X4

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 am

I would also choose the Air Force Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Joe

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

If you want to get picked up by a law enforcement entity they prefer individuals with an infantry background due to the fact that MP's learn their own style of enforcement that doesn't directly correlate with how civilian agencies work. The way potential departments see it is that an infantry recruit has the tactical knowledge and know how along with physical stamina and prowess to accomplish their mission statements minus all the bad habits they would have to alleviate potential MP recruits. I was infantry for 5 years before getting out and help work with my local departments SWAT element all the time. Be advised though that if you choose the MP route they do have their own SRT ( special response team ) or you could go CID and become an investigator. I agree with the Air Force statement as well and I have seen countless times first hand that their quality of life on all levels is far superior to the Army or Marine Corps. If you choose that route look into security forces. They are the Air Force's MP's.
Back to top Go down
SGTTom

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:08 am

I don't think it matters. I did both. I liked infantry better though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army MP VS Infantry _
PostSubject: Re: Army MP VS Infantry   Army MP VS Infantry Empty

Back to top Go down

Army MP VS Infantry

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-