Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Color Vision

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Packers

Color Vision _
PostSubject: Color Vision   Color Vision EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm

This comes up a lot. Going through the process for me, I know I am going to have problems with the color vision test. This will probably be my only problem.

For one department I was given the Ishihara color test.That went horrible. I was then was told to pick out something, blue, red, green, yellow, and did it no problem on my own.

According to my eye doctor I have a slight red/green defect. He has offered to write me a note as he doesn't think I would have any problem.

I don't get it. I hate those tests. If you log onto yahoo.com on the left hand side all the categories are mostly back except for SHOPPING which is red as can be. Green is like the Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers.

Anyone else struggle with these tests but yet can see color?
Back to top Go down
P

Color Vision _
PostSubject: Re: Color Vision   Color Vision EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:32 pm

A color vision exam will only be conducted at the medical evaluation stage. If you reach this stage, you are most likely going to be hired. This is something you can discuss with the doctor. If you have been given an alternative test, another police department will probably be willing to do the same. As long as you can distinguish primary colors there shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down

Color Vision

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-