Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rewillia

Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License _
PostSubject: Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License   Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I am currently working on my Bacholr Degree for Criminal Justice, upon completion can I challege the State for my Peace Officer's License?
Back to top Go down
Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License   Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:16 am

I don't think so. I think you have to go to the academy first.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License   Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Below are the training requirements necessary to become a licensed peace officer in Texas.

(A) the current Texas basic peace officer course, or as an alternative to the current basic peace officer course taken at a licensed academy, the commission may approve an academic alternative program that is part of a degree plan program and consists of the commission-approved transfer curriculum, the commission-approved peace officer sequence courses, and after September 1, 2003, at least an associate’s degree; or
(B) successful completion of a commission recognized, POST developed, basic law enforcement training course, to include:
(i) out of state licensure or certification; and
(ii) submission of the current eligibility application and fee.

This information was obtained from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
Back to top Go down
cisco

PostSubject: Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License   Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:23 pm

I believe you have to be a licensed Law Enforcement from another state. This usually applies to out of state LEO that are interested in moving to Texas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License   Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License Empty

Back to top Go down

Challenge State of Texas for Peace Officers License

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-