Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Work History (is it bad)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Packers

Work History (is it bad)? _
PostSubject: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:17 pm

I will be having a background investigation check done shortly. I have great references from jobs, family, friends, etc. so I am not worried about that. My educational background is great also. I just pretty much have a traffic ticket that's almost two years old anyway and an expunged summary offense.

I only held two jobs. My first job was as a manager at a restaurant. I worked there for 3 years. I did a really good job and everyone liked me. I did a stupid thing and played some recreational sports off the clock by while at work. It wouldn't have cost me a job, probably just a write up but I left to avoid any investigation. Plus, it was really just conflicting with school. I was attending college. No other disciplinary problems there.

My only other job was just for about 9 months at another restaurant and I left after seeing an employee. I found out why you shouldn't date at work. It was extremely uncomfortable but I really liked the girl. This was against policy as well.

Oh, I did an internship with a P.D. also. That went well. No problems!

I haven't worked in over a year and half but went to the police academy. I have been taking many tests across the state and also in different states. I am trying to get something right now to hold me over. Maybe just stocking. I know I will have to explain the work gap but other than that, how does it sound???

Doesn't sound terrific to me but not awful. I didn't have 6 jobs in a year or anything.

And it's best to tell them just how I have wrote it on here, correct?
Back to top Go down
Traffic

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm

That's 2 jobs, 2 bad scenarios. Not fired at least! You'll probably be OK??
Back to top Go down
Packers

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 pm

I hope so. I still have good references from both job and I am hoping my hard work will be weighed into the equation. I was never late, never called out, and always had good customer service.

I have wanted to be a police officer my entire life and I try to think about my actions beforehand. I never thought what I was doing was awful and some people were fine with it. But once the wrong people hear about it....not good.

With the sports thing, I worked with a lot of 15-16 year olds and it was just an incentive I gave them in my final year. Tried to have fun. I made sure no one was on the clock at least.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 am

I had a worse job history than that when I got hired.
Back to top Go down
Jets

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am

It is not too bad, but it is sort of a pattern of not following rules at work.
Back to top Go down
Packers

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah, I understand. It's just unfortunate. I really thought I had good work history with my first job. I stayed for 3 years and was promoted twice during that time. I know some people who had about 3-4 jobs after their first because they did not like it. My immediate manager did not care what I did, just people higher. I guess I thought it was an icentive since I worked with a lot of 15-16 year olds. "If you work hard and we get done early, we can play .... while you are waiting for the bus." Sometimes, because of child labor laws, I was working 16 hours, opening and closing the restaurant. My idea worked, just not the best decision.

The second job I just hated. I stayed because I met a girl and we really liked each other.

I think I am just hoping they will look at my work performance and, also, my education. I went to a catholic High School and College, did extremely well (won a lot of awards) and had no disciplinary problems.

Oh, well, it is what is I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Work History (is it bad)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Work History (is it bad)?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-