Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BCC

Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? _
PostSubject: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:31 pm

My credit is bad. It could be a little bit worse but probably not much. That is my only worry. Do you think that will keep me from becoming a cop?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:03 pm

It depends. Having bad credit does eliminate many candidates. There's a lot of competition out there right now for police jobs. Try to improve your credit as much as you can. There's good information about how to improve your credit at Peacofficerjobs.com's Improve Your Credit Page. Check it out, and do whatever you can. The little things can add up!
Back to top Go down
DPD11

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:16 pm

What's your credit score? Do you have a lot of bad debt? I missed out on two jobs because I had bad credit. I was able to improve my credit over about a two year period, and then got hired by another department. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
BCC

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm

My score was around 570 I think the last time I checked. I owe a lot on one credit card, but I've only been late with payments a few times. One time at bill went to collections. What do you mean by bad debt??
Back to top Go down
DPD11

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:16 am

Your actually credit score probably isn't as much of a concern as how much debt you have and how often you've been late on payments. Bad debt is debt that is unlikely to be repaid. What I call bad debt is debt racked up for bad reason such as gambling or simply living beyond your means when not necessary.
Back to top Go down
BCC

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Bad credit held me back when I was trying to become an officer about seven years ago. I was able to eventually get hired though! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?   Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I Become a Cop with Bad Credit?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-