Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
navoj174

Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)  _
PostSubject: Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)    Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)  EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm 20 years old soon to be 21 in 3 months and from the time I was 18 to the time I was 20 may 2008-july 2009 I was a pretty crappy driver I recieved roughly 20 tickets most of which were for running the toll plaza. I also was arrested for driving with a suspended license in july of 2009 but the charges were dropped and I was only required to pay the fine. my license was suspended for 2 years now and i has just gotten reinstated. I have some minor traffic tickets but most of those were dismissed by the judge. the only tickets required to pay were dwls and speeding (5) miles over the limit and also making an illegal left turn. Also I have prety bad credit which I'm working on fixing. I wanted to know if I would even be considered for the hiring process for the Florida State Trooper. It has always been a dream of mine to call myself a trooper, but in my fresh out of high school days I was sidetracked by foolish behaviours all of which I regret!! Should I attempt to apply????
Back to top Go down
P

PostSubject: Re: Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)    Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)  EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Although most of your tickets were thrown out of court you will still have to mention them on your application and/or background investigation packet. It will be taken into consideration by any police department if it demonstrates a pattern of behavior. I do not know the specifics of each one of your tickets, but to receive 20 tickets will not be looked upon lightly by any police department. Having a suspended license and driving while it was suspended is not good. All of this occurred between 1 year to 1 1/2 years ago also. This incidents are far too recent, in my opinion, to even think about applying. I am not familiar with Florida so I can not say whether they will overlook these past incidents, but I know many local municipalities that would automatically DQ applicants based on what you have described, some permanently.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)    Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)  EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 pm

I'd wait a few more years before you apply.
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)    Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)  EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:31 am

20 tickets is ALOT Exclamation Running the toll plaza could be seen as theft. I agree that you should wait (maybe about 5 years).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)    Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I try and apply (State Trooper Florida)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-