Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Local or State Police

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan

Local or State Police _
PostSubject: Local or State Police   Local or State Police EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:35 am

I'm 15. I wanna be a police officer when I'm older. Is it better to be a local officer or a state officer? Who makes more money? Thanks
Dan
Back to top Go down
P

Local or State Police _
PostSubject: Re: Local or State Police   Local or State Police EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:40 pm

You have to do the research to find out what's for you. The only thing that should matter is that you are happy being a police officer for your career.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Local or State Police _
PostSubject: Re: Local or State Police   Local or State Police EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 pm

One isn't any better than the other. It is just a matter of jurisdiction. Local and state police often do the same things, and both have the same authority within there jurisdiction for the most part. Some local officers earn more than some state officers, and some state officers earn more than some local officers. Different departments pay their officers different rates.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

Local or State Police _
PostSubject: Re: Local or State Police   Local or State Police EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Some local police departments pay more, but I think state police usually get paid more. Still, pay isn't the only thing to think about. You have to think about things like benefits, cost of living, whether you might get stationed in another part of the state or not, and how the state police in your state normally operate. Some state police do almost entirely traffic enforcement. It depends on where you work.
Back to top Go down
Gee

Local or State Police _
PostSubject: Re: Local or State Police   Local or State Police EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm

I can't speak for other states but in PA, I would try for state police. They are a good organization, and the pay is better than alot of the local depts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Local or State Police _
PostSubject: Re: Local or State Police   Local or State Police Empty

Back to top Go down

Local or State Police

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-