Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

help me please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guest000

help me please  _
PostSubject: help me please    help me please  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 am

Im in high school and next year I was wondering if i should take P.E class or not.I want to become a cop but I dont like playing ball sports like football or vollyball and that stuff and thats all we do in gym class.I just like to workout by going to a gym outside of school.I also feel uncomfterable in school.But I was wondering if it would look better if I took it all four years instead of 1 year only which is mandatory.Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

help me please  _
PostSubject: Re: help me please    help me please  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:23 pm

If only one year is required, then you don't have to take another. It won't look bad on applications. Get in the best shape that you can though. Get the best grades that you can in high school, and maintain a good reputation.
Back to top Go down
P

help me please  _
PostSubject: Re: help me please    help me please  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:46 am

Take the courses/education that is only required. You can always expand upon it later. The hiring process is very long so it is best to start working and applying when you get the chance. If you can take extra classes while you are working, that would look great.

When you attend the police academy you will have a physical education and may not be doing things you like. Getting in shape right now is the best thing for you, but try to run often or get involved into some kind of sport or recreational activity. Some people lift up dumbbells a couple times and call it a day.

Best of luck to you! Also, I do not know what you mean by being "uncomfortable" in school but try to make the most of it. You will find yourself in many uncomfortable situations in law enforcement!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help me please  _
PostSubject: Re: help me please    help me please  Empty

Back to top Go down

help me please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-