Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Spanish or French in High School?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eagle

Spanish or French in High School? _
PostSubject: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:52 pm

I want to be a cop when i'm old enough to. Does it matter much if I take Spanish or French? I want to take French but A teacher told me to take Spanish if I want to be a cop. Does it really matter????
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm

If you would much rather take French then take French. Although, as a police officer, speaking Spanish would benefit you more.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

I agree. Spanish would surely benefit you more. Depending on where you end up working though, it might not make much difference.
Back to top Go down
guest88

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Unless you plan on working someplace that has a bunch of people that speak French, I can't see French being a better choice. There are many people that speak Spanish in the United States. Take Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Badge7

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Spanish! That's a no-brainer!
Back to top Go down
Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Thank you! I guess I'm taking Spanish!
Back to top Go down
Loi

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I don't think it matters unless you are fluent, being able to speak and write well.
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

It can matter. Many more people speak Spanish in this country than French obviously, and you don't have to be fluent. There are classes for law enforcement officers called "Survival Spanish" and Spanish for Cops". These classes just teach some basics. Below is an example of what one course for police teaches officers. The course is three days.

*To correctly pronounce the Spanish alphabet.
*To recite common arrest expressions in Spanish.
*To recite numbers, days of the week, and months of the year.
*To identify a minimum of 10 Spanish danger expressions.
*To identify common parts of the body in Spanish.
*To recite common Spanish courtesy expressions.
*To pronounce street Spanish terms.
*To pronounce common Spanish drug terminology.
*To request in Spanish information needed to complete.
*To identify danger words commonly used preceding an assault.
*To identify certain commands useful to an officer attempting to stabilize a situation.
*To identify the correct way to use arrest phrases when taking a non-English speaking person into custody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanish or French in High School?   Spanish or French in High School? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spanish or French in High School?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-