Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron

Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent _
PostSubject: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 pm

I am going to start college in 2012. My goal is to become an FBI agent. I don't know what would be better to major in to accomplish my goal. I want to major in criminology since that is what I am most interested in. Does it matter that much what my major is?
Back to top Go down
Ron

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:47 pm

I forgot to add that I plan on going to a very good school!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:13 am

If you want to become an FBI Special Agent, you should choose accounting, computer science/information systems, a foreign language, or law as your major. Going to a good school might help, but make sure you get a high grade point average.
Back to top Go down
WGR

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:15 am

Computer science is the way to go. The FBI wants candidates with computer science degrees, it is the best degree to have even if you don't become an FBI agent. You could become an agent with a criminology degree if you become a police officer first. The FBI wants candidates with some expertise in some area. So make yourself an expert in some field.
Back to top Go down
DeputyDo

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Don't do criminology. If you ask me, it is almost as much of a waste as criminal justice. Getting a law degree would be a much better choice.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 am

I think you can major in criminology if that is what really interests you. You will probably have to have more additional qualifications if you have a criminology degree instead of one of their preferred degrees. Maybe you can become a police officer first or get some military experience.
Back to top Go down
Carlo

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 am

One of the FBI's preferred fields of expertise for new agents is Criminology
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 am

Criminology might be a good choice, but I think you have a better chance with a degree and expertise in computer science/information systems, a foreign language, or law.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent   Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent Empty

Back to top Go down

Criminology Major to Become FBI Agent

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-