Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How bad is this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nervous

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Ok, I have my first meeting with my B.I. soon. My intention is to be as open and hones with him as possible about everything I ever did. I have a few things in my background I'm worried about though. #1 About 2 years ago, I couldnt think of what to get my dad for fathers day, all of a sudden it hit me, I know, ill get him a shotgun. Well, it didnt occur to me until after I gave it to him that back in the 70's he got convicted of a felony.. I mean, I didnt even think about it I never had even given it thought, hes my dad and I got him a present..Will this kill my chances or even get me in hot water now? Also, about 3-4 years ago I drove drunk once. I feel its one of the worst things I did in my whole life and I would do almost anything to take it back. Other than that I think the only other thing I have done is when I got prescribed an antibiotic for an infection once, I just took some that my mom had gotten a few months earlier that were the exact same thing, the doctor even said it was okay to do. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 am

If you are honest, and those are the only things to mention, then you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Gmoney

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:36 pm

What did your dad do with the gun?
Back to top Go down
nervous

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Accepted it, we have gone out in the woods and target shot behind my house a few times, but other than that, nothing.
Back to top Go down
nervous

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:05 pm

I dont know, I think maybe im just worrying to much, then I think, hey, your probably not worrying enough. In all honesty its really in my moms possession because she has it in her cabinet and its in my name. We just go out from time to time to shoot at cans or whatever and he uses it. Its just that I physically handed it to him. I don't know what to think.
Back to top Go down
Gmoney

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:09 pm

If your dad is not allowed to possess firearms, you should take the gun to your house immediately!
Back to top Go down
B

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 am

You keep the gun, or sell it, but you shouldn't allow him to possess it. Just explain that you didn't realize or think about him not being allowed to possess firearms when you gave him the gun as a gift. If you gave him the gun without realizing that he wasn't allowed to possess it, then having done so probably won't hurt your chances of becoming a police officer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How bad is this? _
PostSubject: Re: How bad is this?   How bad is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

How bad is this?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-