Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrew

I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! _
PostSubject: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:16 pm

I have finally made up my mind to join the Army. Now I can't decide what MOS I want to try to get. I am leaning to MP but I am having a very hard time deciding. Can some MPs let me know if you had it to do over again would you become an MP Question
Back to top Go down
Guestans

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:49 pm

MP is a very hard MOS to attain. Also, any MOS looks good when applying to a law enforcement job. Also be aware that some states allow you to take a short course rather than the entire police academy if you have been an MP. The problem with that is that you will be taking a test on law enforcement in that state. You will be up against a whole bunch of recruits from the 3-5 month academy that have been going over the material for all of that time. I know its alot to think about..
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 pm

I think it is a very good MOS. Just understand that you probably won't be doing much traditional law enforcement work.
Back to top Go down
MP88

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 am

If I had to do it all over again, I absolutely would. It is true that especially nowadays, you might not do a lot of garrison law enforcement. It just depends. Anyway, you can't go wrong with serving your country!
Back to top Go down
MarkMP

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 am

You might like it and it might be the right thing for you. MPs are disliked by many other soldiers, and MPs back eachother up in a heartbeat but many would stab eachother in the back to get ahead!
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Things have probably changed since I was in the service, but I was glad to be an MP. It was good times. I was stationed in Germany. It was a great experience, and I made many good friends that I still keep in touch with. I've been out 25 years now! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!   I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice! Empty

Back to top Go down

I can't decide if I should try to become an MP. Need advice!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-