Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What about becoming an animal cop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimD92

What about becoming an animal cop? _
PostSubject: What about becoming an animal cop?   What about becoming an animal cop? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 am

I'm 18 and I've always loved the idea of working with animals, whatever I do in life I want it to deal with helping animals. My brother is in college right now to become a police officer, and that made me think about what I if was an animal cop, stopping animal cruelty means a lot to me, I practically live on watching animal planet shows. But I have no clue on where to even begin looking! I live in a small town in Illinois, and I don't even think we have a place for animal cops here, so I can't ask what they did in college. Should i go to the local police station and ask advice? What courses should I look into?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: What about becoming an animal cop?   What about becoming an animal cop? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Going to your local police department would be a good idea. Ask them who handles animal control issues and cases involving animal cruelty or dog law violations. The police department might handle some or the majority of the cases. The municipality might have an animal control officer that handles most of the cases. You could also contact someone at your local humane society, and ask them who investigates animal cruelty cases in your area. Some good college majors for you might be biology, veterinary science, zoology, criminal justice, or psychology.
Back to top Go down
Wendt

PostSubject: Re: What about becoming an animal cop?   What about becoming an animal cop? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 pm

You can pick any college major you want. Majoring or minoring in something related to animals would be a good idea though. You should definitely volunteer or get a job with a vet, humane society or law enforcement agency though! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: What about becoming an animal cop?   What about becoming an animal cop? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 pm

I would major in veterinary science if I were you.
Back to top Go down
SC

PostSubject: Re: What about becoming an animal cop?   What about becoming an animal cop? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 am

I'm an animal control officer in PA. I report to the police chief. I file charges, and carry a firearm. The pay isn't great, but I like helping animals, and I like the job. I've been doing it for 2 years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about becoming an animal cop?   What about becoming an animal cop? Empty

Back to top Go down

What about becoming an animal cop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-