Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Hard Question... hard answer ?!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julie

Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  _
PostSubject: Hard Question... hard answer ?!!    Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi There, I have a question =)

I'm Julie, 6 Feet, 25YO, still student in Master degree in law enforcement, I practice the Full Contact since 5 years Now and my dream is to become a police officer!

Unfortunatly...there is a problem !!! I'm not American Sad

I'M FRENCH, From Paris!!

Do you know, if it will be possible to me, to be a police officer in United States?

What Should I have to do to realise my dream??

Thanks for the aswers !! God Bless You all!!

Julie
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Hard Question... hard answer ?!!    Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 pm

You have to become a United States citizen. There are different ways you can try to do so. Why don't you want to become a police officer in France?
Back to top Go down
JUAN

PostSubject: Re: Hard Question... hard answer ?!!    Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Yes you have to become a citizen or a permanent resident near becoming a citizen minimum. Here is how to do it.

The United States has a long history of welcoming immigrants from all parts of the world. America values the contributions of immigrants who continue to enrich this country and preserve its legacy as a land of freedom and opportunity.

Deciding to become a U.S. citizen is one of the most important decisions in an individual’s life. If you decide to apply to become a U.S. citizen, you will be showing your commitment to the United States and your loyalty to its Constitution. In return, you are rewarded with all the rights and privileges that are part of U.S. citizenship.

You may become a U.S. citizen either at birth or after birth. Individuals who are born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and individuals born in certain territories or outlying possessions of the United States are citizens at birth. Also, individuals born outside the United States may be citizens at birth if their parent or parents were citizens at the time of birth and other requirements are met.

Additionally, you may become a U.S. citizen after birth either through your parents, known as “derived” or “acquired” citizenship, or by applying for naturalization on your own.

For information about becoming a permanent resident (green card holder) or petitioning for family members, visit our Green Card or Family pages.
Citizenship Through Naturalization

Generally, permanent residents (green card holders) age 18 or older who meet all eligibility requirements for naturalization may submit a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. For more information, visit our Citizenship Through Naturalization page.
Citizenship Through Parents

If eligible, you can “acquire” or “derive” U.S. citizenship through a qualifying U.S. citizen parent(s). For more information, visit our Citizenship Through Parents page.
The Naturalization Test

Most naturalization applicants are required to take a test on:

* English
* U.S. history
* Government

We provide resources to help you prepare. For more information, visit our Naturalization Test page. Get study materials from the Citizenship Resource Center.
Citizenship for Military Members and Dependents

Members and veterans of the U.S. armed forces and their dependents may be eligible for special naturalization provisions. For more information, visit our Citizenship for Military Personnel & Famly Members page.

I say marry a serviceman Laughing
Back to top Go down
Julie

PostSubject: Re: Hard Question... hard answer ?!!    Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Hello Guys,
Thanks for the answers and advices : I appreciate them !!

So : Why Do I want to be a police officer in United States ?? That simple : I want to work for the best !!

Moreover, Since I'm a little girl, I have 2 dreams in my life : Be a P.O and live in USA !! So, why don't do the both at the same time ?!

For me, Be a cop is a real vocation : i never had tickets, never been arrested, never used drugs, i always stay out of troubles Because I want to be a cop so I have to be exemplary ! So I enjoy the life in another way lol !

I'm definitely CRAZY and Passionate about this Job, this kind of life... you never know how will be your day, everyday is different... It's a hard Job, you have to do a lot of sacrifices, it's dangerous But I'm ready to give my time, my energy... maybe my life... to this country !!

In America, Cops are more respected, your laws are more stricts.. So i want to be a part of this big family !! Fight Crimes & violences, help people and protect the world is my real ambition.

My career is the #1 in my life. I know how much it will be long and difficult but If I don't try, I will never success. I'm very DETERMINED, i know what i want and i work for it everyday...

"Keep going, never give up, everything is possible if you really want it, and if you try your best, you can do it ! "

For all these reasons, I want to be a Police Officer in United States !

And Yes, I know Juan, The wedding could be the easier way to become an Us Citizen, But if i become it, i want to do it legally. Wink

If you are more advices, more informations about the Job, Your life as a P.O, let me know !! I told you : I'm so crazy to become one of yours !
Back to top Go down
BC

PostSubject: Re: Hard Question... hard answer ?!!    Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Follow your dreams. Work hard, and don't give up! Law enforcement is a great field to be in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Question... hard answer ?!!    Hard Question... hard answer ?!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard Question... hard answer ?!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-