Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Pay my way through police academy or not????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monique

Pay my way through police academy or not???? _
PostSubject: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm thinking about signing up for a police academy. I don't know if it is worth it. Will it help me get a job? Should I pay my way through the academy or not?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 pm

If you've tried to get hired by some large departments already, and haven't been able to, then maybe consider paying your way through an academy. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste your money. Do you have a degree? If not, your money would probably be better spent on getting a degree.
Back to top Go down
Monique

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 am

I have an associates degree in liberal arts. I am thinking about getting my bachelors.
Back to top Go down
JeremyT

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:19 pm

I put myself through the academy. It was well worth it. Where I live you have to if you want to get a job. There aren't many depts. that will hire you without laready having the academy. I still had to work part-time for more than 3 years before getting a full-time job.
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:57 pm

With today's economy, you have to do whatever you can to make yourself stand out among the crowd. I agree that spending your money on college might be a better option. Go for your bachelor degree if you can. If not, the academy would be a good option. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Monique

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:53 am

I want to finish my bachelors degree, but it will cost me so much more than going to the academy! I would like to do both, but I'm leaning towards just doing the academy to save money.
Back to top Go down
PBAHKA

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:50 pm

How does the academy classes normally cost?
And how long is it? 6 months?
Back to top Go down
Ted

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 pm

The police academy in my county costs approx. $4000.00.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pay my way through police academy or not????   Pay my way through police academy or not???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pay my way through police academy or not????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-