Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LisaJ

Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department _
PostSubject: Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department   Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:59 am

I am 22. I plan on applying with a few police departments. When I was 16 I got caught taking a pack of cigarettes from the store I worked at. I wasn't charged but I was fired. Do I have to put that on my application? If so will that keep me from getting hired?
Back to top Go down
BrianSP

PostSubject: Re: Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department   Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:12 am

Lisa,

This can hurt your chances, but you can still get hired. Yes, I'm sure you will have to put that on your application or on a background form. That alone probably won't keep you from getting hired. Be honest though! If you aren't, you can really hurt your chances! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department   Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:29 pm

How many other times you've stolen and did not get caught, and how long it has been since you've last stolen will probably be more important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department   Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department Empty

Back to top Go down

Theft as a juvenile and applying with police department

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-