Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Criminal Justice Degree or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marlene

Criminal Justice Degree or Not? _
PostSubject: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:19 pm

My parents want me to go to college. I know it is a good idea and I really should go. The problem is that I'm not really good at math and science and I'm not really interested in anything other than Criminal Justice. I've read that many people think Criminal Justice degrees aren't really good. Would it be a total waste of time and money to get one even though there's no other major at my community college I want? Please help!!!!
Back to top Go down
J18

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:05 am

Criminal Justice degress are a waste of time. They are looked upon by many as an "easy" degree. Save your money or pick a different degree! Criminal justice degrees are a dime a dozen and aren't worth much.
Back to top Go down
hockey99

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:46 pm

I agree with the above post. Criminal Justice degrees are a cakewalk.
Other than the fact too, if you apply for police work with a different
degree, then you will be more marketable since this will set you apart
from applicants with CJ degree. Remember that police departments
want diversity.
Finally, the last reason why you should go for a different degree is
because in the case that you don't get hired as a PO, you can still
work in a different industry.
There is just so much you can do with CJ degree -- police officer,
security guard, probation officer, etc., but that's about it.

The best degrees IMO are IT, computer engineering, computer
science, business, and finance.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:07 am

Many police officers, and police administrators have criminal justice degrees. It isn't a bad degree to have. Having a criminal justice degree is a lot better than not having a degree, and is as good as a lot of other degrees. Having a criminal justice degree won't make you a better candidate for police officer jobs than having another degree though. If your choice is whether or not you get a criminal justice degree or not get a degree at all, then get a crimnal justice degree. However, there are many degrees that are good for police officers. In my oponion, you can't go wrong with a business degree or a computer related degree.
Back to top Go down
RWT

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

There could be better degrees, but I have a bachelor degree in CJ, and I didn't have any trouble getting a job. I went to a good school, got good grades, and got a decent job shortly after I graduated.
Back to top Go down
Sammy

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:42 am

Don't waste your money Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Axle

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:28 am

Jenn said it right. I think CJ degrees aren't bad but there might be better degrees for you depending on what your career goals are.
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:35 am

I have a criminal justice degree, and I think it was a good choice for me.
Back to top Go down
GLOCK

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:45 pm

NOT! Get a different degree!
Back to top Go down
Craig11

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 pm

A CJ degree worked for me!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree or Not?   Criminal Justice Degree or Not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Criminal Justice Degree or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-