Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

gross misdemeanor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
adamc

gross misdemeanor _
PostSubject: gross misdemeanor   gross misdemeanor EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:09 am

I was wondering the chances of becoming a police officer if I have a gross misdemeanor on my record? It is for a DUI about 5 years ago. I will most likely be applying in the state of WI. Anybody have any details?
Back to top Go down
Peanut

gross misdemeanor _
PostSubject: Re: gross misdemeanor   gross misdemeanor EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm

You probably won't be automatically disqualified. The DUI will hurt your chances though.
Back to top Go down
B

gross misdemeanor _
PostSubject: Re: gross misdemeanor   gross misdemeanor EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:11 pm

According to the Wisconsin Department of Justice, police applicants shall not have been convicted of any federal felony or of any offense which if committed in Wisconsin could be punished as a felony unless the applicant has been granted an absolute and unconditional pardon. Applicants for employment as a law enforcement officer shall not have been convicted of any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence unless the applicant has been granted an absolute and unconditional pardon. Applicants shall be of good character as determined from a written report containing the results of the following:

The fingerprinting of the applicant with a search of local, state and national fingerprint records.

A background investigation conducted by or on behalf of an employer.

Other investigations as may be deemed necessary to provide a basis of judgment on the applicant’s loyalty to the United States or to detect conditions which adversely affect performance of one’s duty as a law enforcement.

So, you could probably still become a police officer, but there is a lot of competition for law enforcement officer jobs. You will be competing with many other applicants that don't have records!
Back to top Go down
HeatherP

gross misdemeanor _
PostSubject: Re: gross misdemeanor   gross misdemeanor EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Keep a positive attitude! Don't give up! If you want it bad enough, you can become a cop someday Exclamation Everyone makes mistakes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gross misdemeanor _
PostSubject: Re: gross misdemeanor   gross misdemeanor Empty

Back to top Go down

gross misdemeanor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-