Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

ACT 235 Cert.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coyotchaser

ACT 235 Cert. _
PostSubject: ACT 235 Cert.   ACT 235 Cert. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:30 pm

What all professions can you enter with this certification? Is it worth getting? I'm about to graduate PSU with a CLJ degree and looking for some ways I can beef up my resume. I'll be looking at LE, corrections, probation and I understand that ACT 235 is required for private security but I'm not sure how big that field is. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
B

ACT 235 Cert. _
PostSubject: Re: ACT 235 Cert.   ACT 235 Cert. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Act 235 (Lethal Weapons Training Act) is only required for armed security positions in Pennsylvania. You can work as an unarmed security guard or officer without the training or certification. If you want to get a police officer job in Pennsylvania, get the Act 120 training.
Back to top Go down
Tom

ACT 235 Cert. _
PostSubject: Re: ACT 235 Cert.   ACT 235 Cert. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:45 pm

There are many security jobs. Most of them don't pay well and many of them are boring but if you find the right job the pay could be decent. Getting the Act 235 training isn't a bad idea, but if you want to get a LE job you might as well get the Act 120 training. If you have the Act 120 training you can get a waiver for the Act 235. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Tom

ACT 235 Cert. _
PostSubject: Re: ACT 235 Cert.   ACT 235 Cert. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Of course the Act 235 training is much shorter and costs much less. The Act 120 training is worth it though!
Back to top Go down
Skippy

ACT 235 Cert. _
PostSubject: Re: ACT 235 Cert.   ACT 235 Cert. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:19 am

If you're interested in becoming a police officer, don't waste your time with the Act 235. Get the Act 120. The Act 120 training would be helpful if you want to become a correctional officer or probation officer too. Many community colleges offer the training. It is definitely worth it if you want to get into law enforcement in Pennsylvania. Once you get the Act 120 training, you can get a waiver for the Act 235 training if you still want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ACT 235 Cert. _
PostSubject: Re: ACT 235 Cert.   ACT 235 Cert. Empty

Back to top Go down

ACT 235 Cert.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-