Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Question about physical training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest001

Question about physical training _
PostSubject: Question about physical training   Question about physical training EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Im 15 years old.I was wondering how much physical training there is in the academy.Im not that fit and i do have time to get in shape but im really scared because i was never really athletic.Im also very slow.I think im overweight.But what are some things that can get me ready.How much running is there going to be and how should i train for that.How should i train for everything.Is it hard at the academy and is it like a boot camp.What are some of the things you do there.I know im asking a lot of questions but im really scared and i want to be ready.Thank you.
Back to top Go down
RK

PostSubject: Re: Question about physical training   Question about physical training EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Get in the best shape you can. Do pushups, situps, and start running.
Back to top Go down
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Question about physical training   Question about physical training EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:37 am

In my opinion, the physical training during the academy wasn't too difficult. I'm sure some academies are tougher than others, but I wouldn't worry about it. Almost everyone that is in average condition that puts forth their best effort can pass. Start out slow, and try to get in better and better condition. Push-ups, sit-ups, and running are are great activities to get in shape and prepare you for the academy. I would also do some pull-ups and interval training when you're fit enough. Stay away from the sugar and saturated fat.
Back to top Go down
Kimber1

PostSubject: Re: Question about physical training   Question about physical training EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Yeah eating right is at least as important as working out Exclamation Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about physical training   Question about physical training EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:33 pm

I wouldn't worry too much. When I was in the academy, there were a couple of guys that barely passed the physical fitness entry test. They were definitely not in very good shape, but they graduated. They have been officers for 8 years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about physical training   Question about physical training Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about physical training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-