Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How can I become park ranger?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sean

How can I become park ranger? _
PostSubject: How can I become park ranger?   How can I become park ranger? EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 2:17 pm

I want to be a police officer, but I also like the outdoors, so I was thinking about becoming a park ranger. I live in California. Does anyone know how to get a park ranger job. I would appreciate any information.

Sean
Back to top Go down
Badge101

PostSubject: Re: How can I become park ranger?   How can I become park ranger? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:21 am

In California, ranger candidates must meet all the following requirements:

Two Years of College*
Possess a Valid California Driver's License of the Appropriate Class
Be Physically Sound
Eighteen Years of Age
Must Pass a Comprehensive Background Investigation
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
20/20 Corrected Vision
No Felony Convictions

* 60 Semester Units of study at an state accredited college or university, including a minimum of 21 semester units of course work satisfying General Education Curriculum standards. Specialization in park administration, natural sciences, social sciences, law enforcement, or related fields is desirable.

The State Park Peace Officer Cadet Ranger/Lifeguard is the entry and training level for men and women interested in a law enforcement career with California State Parks. Career opportunities are available throughout the entire State.
The process for entering into this classification takes approximately 12 months and generally involves the following steps:

Exam Preparation
Submit an Application Standard State Application - Form 678
Written examination
Oral examination/Interview
Physical Agility Tests
Background investigation
Psychological and medical evaluations
Upon successful completion of each of the steps in the examination process, you may be invited to attend the26-week POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training) academy as a State Park Ranger/Lifeguard Cadet. Here you will be trained to become a State Park Peace Officer Ranger.

You could also consider becoming a federal park ranger in California.
Back to top Go down
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: How can I become park ranger?   How can I become park ranger? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah, you could work for the National Park Service.
Back to top Go down
Sean

PostSubject: Re: How can I become park ranger?   How can I become park ranger? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks a million!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I become park ranger?   How can I become park ranger? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can I become park ranger?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-