Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Behavioral Analysis Unit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What do you do?
Police officer/Detective
Behavioral Analysis Unit Vote_lcap75%Behavioral Analysis Unit Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Psychologist
Behavioral Analysis Unit Vote_lcap0%Behavioral Analysis Unit Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Writer
 0% [ 0 ]
FBI Agent
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Behavioral Analysis Unit Vote_lcap25%Behavioral Analysis Unit Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
ErickaK.

Behavioral Analysis Unit _
PostSubject: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm graduating Highschool in 2013 and I'm wondering what i'd need in college to become a member of the Federal BAU.

I also want to major in writing, and work as a Detective in Florida.I"m going to UCF for college. Right now I've taken 3 years of German(2 in high school and 1 in middle school) but i plan on pursuing it college. i'm fooling around with the Japanese language. I speak English and plan on learning Spanish. I heard languages are a good thing to have for FBI. I usually have tops grades...As and bs....usually equal (4 As 4 Bs).

The year that is coming up i'm studying AP Psychology and plan on Majoring on it in College

I really just want to know some tips for being a fed and some tips to becoming a detective or a cop.

I'll appreciate anything really.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I realised an error when i came to check for the results)
Back to top Go down
Bill27

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Being fluent in a foreign language can help you with the FBI. German won't help you much. Japanese and Spanish would though. Spanish is probably the best foreign language for law enforcement. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:47 am

Get the highest grade point average that you can in college. Think about getting an advanced degree. Foreign language skills are a plus. Get in the best shape you can. Focus on getting the best education and as much education as you can. Focus on improving your communication skills and "people" skills.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Per the FBI's website,

To become an FBI Special Agent you must be a U.S. citizen or a citizen of the Northern Mariana Islands. You must be at least 23 years of age, but younger than 37 upon your appointment as a Special Agent. Age waivers may be granted to preference eligible veterans who have surpassed their 37th birthday. You must possess a four-year degree from a college or university accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education. You must have at least three years of professional work experience. You must also possess a valid driver's license and be completely available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction.

It's best to major in Accounting, Computer Science/Information Technology, Language or
Law. Then, get at least 3 years of experience in one of those fields. The FBI will only hire the best of the best!
Back to top Go down
Sgt.S.

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 am

To become a detective, get as much education as you can, and then become the best police officer you can. Work hard. Be the officer that other officers look to for guidance. With hard work and a bit of luck, you can become a detective.
Back to top Go down
TheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 pm

It's good to set high goals, but remember that there are lots of other law enforcement jobs out there Smile
Back to top Go down
ErickaK.

PostSubject: Thanks   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:45 am

Thank you for answering guys and gals
Bill27 thanks, my dad said the same thing. He speaks Spanish. I guess i need to learn it to be an asset. That and it doesn't seem too hard to learn either. I'm good a languages i think.
Jenn Thank you. Your tips are right to the point. I was just wondering if you have done a job in this type of work. Just curious. Very Happy
Maximus. You information is of great help. I guess i have to work quickly to be the best i can be. Thanks a million
StgS. I've been waiting for someone to bring up Detective work. I think i want to dabble a little in it before pursuing BAU. Thought it would be good for a resume(') and put things in perspective for me. Thank you.
TheJohn. Thank you. I've thought of that and recently i've wondered if this is what i want to do, but i realize i need big goals and challenges to keep myself going. I have to do it. Or at least try A LOT.

Also i'm also open to other's opinions or ideas, or secrets to becoming a BAU Officer, or Detective.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:10 am

You could go for psychology. If you do, I would get an advanced degree, and be sure to get at least 3 years of good work experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behavioral Analysis Unit   Behavioral Analysis Unit Empty

Back to top Go down

Behavioral Analysis Unit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-