Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Is Army MP a good job?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TonyW

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 pm

I am thinking about trying to join the Army to be an MP. I would like to hear from anyone that is or was an MP whether or not they like or liked being an MP and if they would do it again if they could go back in time. I welcome any other information. Thanks.

Tony
Back to top Go down
S&W

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:10 pm

That depends! I was an MP for 6 years in the 90's. I liked being an MP. In fact, I liked the military life in general. I knew a bunch of MP's that didn't like it though. I think a lot depends on luck and what you make out of it.
Back to top Go down
Brian

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:45 am

I was also an MP. I also liked it. Just don't expect to do much traditional police work. DOA Police do most of that at many of the bases now.
Back to top Go down

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 am

Just remember that being an MP is a lot different than being a civilian police officer. There are some good assignments but as an MP you probably won't be doing much law enforcement.
Back to top Go down

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 am

Brian is right. There are a lot of DOA or DOD Police now.
Back to top Go down
JUSTIN

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:03 pm

DON'T DO IT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation JOIN THE AIR FORCE Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Mike

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:31 am

Don't listen to JUSTIN. I was an MP in the early 90's stationed in Germany. I'm sure a lot hs changed with the MOS, but I know guys that are in, and like it. It's all about what you make of it. Explore all your options, make a decision, and then give it your best! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
RogerBud

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:57 am

I would go with Army MP instead of Air Force or Navy. The Marines would be my second choice. My brother was an Army MP. He still talks about the good times he had in the service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is Army MP a good job? _
PostSubject: Re: Is Army MP a good job?   Is Army MP a good job? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Army MP a good job?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-