Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
B.C.

MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL _
PostSubject: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:18 am

HOW MUCH WOULD JOINING THE MILITARY HELP ME BECOME A BORDER PATROL AGENT?
Back to top Go down
Anonymou

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:14 am

It could help a lot!
Back to top Go down
CPL

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 am

Border Patrol Agent is a federal job. Being a veteran can help you get most federal jobs. Sometimes when federal jobs become available, only veterans or other specified people can apply. And depending on what job you do in the military, you could get some relevant work experience. MP or infantry might be good.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:56 pm

A lot! veterans get preference for federal jobs.
Back to top Go down
DannySmi

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Military experience can help big time! Go Army!
Back to top Go down
Swish

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 am

My friend got hired to be a border patrol agent a number of years ago. He ended up not learning Spanish well enough. He had to take another job. He became a federal police officer somewhere near DC. He was a war veteran.
Back to top Go down
DDawg

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 pm

My cousin got washed out of BP because he couldn't learn Spanish. He's kinda smart. I was surprised!
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Don't join the military unless you are absolutely certain that you really want to. It is a big time commitment! You give up a lot of freedom when you join. I'm not saying that you shouldn't join. I was in for four years. Just make sure you know what to expect. Also, I wouldn't join if the only reason you're thinking about it is to better your chances of becoming a BP Agent.
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Joining to better your chances of getting a job later can be a good reason to join, but I wouldn't join if that is your only reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL   MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL Empty

Back to top Go down

MILITARY AND BORDER PATROL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-