Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Traffic Citations from Years Ago

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RED

Traffic Citations from Years Ago _
PostSubject: Traffic Citations from Years Ago   Traffic Citations from Years Ago EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:00 pm

I put an application in at my local police department. Why do they want to know about traffic citations I might have got years ago? I can't even remember how many I got. I'm in my late 20's now and I know I got a bunch when I first got my license. I can remember a couple, but even them I can't remember the dates. I just put the best I could remember on the application. I hope it will be good.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Citations from Years Ago   Traffic Citations from Years Ago EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

How far back? I had to list all of the traffic tickets I ever received. The department I work for now only asked about tickets received within the last 10 years. This is not uncommom. You might have to worry if you have a pattern of bad driving or recent tickets.
Back to top Go down
St.Nick

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Citations from Years Ago   Traffic Citations from Years Ago EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 am

They mostly want to see how honest you will be. They can find out how many citations you got from your driving record. You can do the same thing by requesting a copy of your driving record yourself. That is what you should do to make certain you are listing everything correctly.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Citations from Years Ago   Traffic Citations from Years Ago EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:27 pm

St.Nick is right. The reasons they require you to list your driving record information might be to find out what kind of driver you are, to get an indication of honesty, and to get an indication of how detail oriented you are. Everyone should get a copy of their driving record before filling out applications for law enforcement officer jobs.
Back to top Go down
Ed11

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Citations from Years Ago   Traffic Citations from Years Ago EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 pm

When I got hired about 25 years ago I had 4 speeding tickets under my belt. I know it is probably harder to get hired today than it was back then but if you have a lot to offer you can still get hired even though you have some tickets. Make sure you be honest and try to be as accurate as you can with the dates and let them know that you aren't sure about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Citations from Years Ago   Traffic Citations from Years Ago Empty

Back to top Go down

Traffic Citations from Years Ago

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-