Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

So many questions...Law enfourcement job?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebma188

So many questions...Law enfourcement job? _
PostSubject: So many questions...Law enfourcement job?   So many questions...Law enfourcement job? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 pm

So I graduate high school in a little less then five months. I've been thinking a lot of what I want to do with my life afterwards and I'm more then certain that I want to do something with law enforcement. What I would really like to do is become a detective. Smile

I'm only 5 feet tall, and weigh a measly 97 pounds. My parents are completely against the idea. They're afraid their 'little girl' will get hurt. I can see why they would worry, but this is really what I would like to do with my life. I work out daily and do cardio, in an attempt to keep what little muscle I have. And I know it would be hard, but I'm ready to commit. We only get one shot at life, and I don't want to end up getting stuck in a job where I'm unhappy to show up at the office every day. Sad

Aside from the question about what the weight and height limits are, what would be a good college degree for me to take in order to achieve this status? I was thinking maybe majoring in Computer Science along with Criminal Justice, or should I not do Criminal Justice? Any tips? They'd be much appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aria

PostSubject: Re: So many questions...Law enfourcement job?   So many questions...Law enfourcement job? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Computer science is great! It wouldn't hurt to minor in criminal justice if you want to, but it isn't necessary. Your height shouldn't stop you from becoming a police officer or detective Smile
Back to top Go down
TomW

PostSubject: Re: So many questions...Law enfourcement job?   So many questions...Law enfourcement job? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 pm

If you want to add muscle mass cut back on the cardio. I would just do cardio once a week. Work with weights and do some interval training. Eat right and get enough protein.
Back to top Go down
Tara

PostSubject: Re: So many questions...Law enfourcement job?   So many questions...Law enfourcement job? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm 5'2", and I've been a police officer for a little more than five years. Don't let your height discourage you Exclamation
Back to top Go down
TeddyBee

PostSubject: Re: So many questions...Law enfourcement job?   So many questions...Law enfourcement job? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:00 pm

You can't go wrong with a computer science degree Exclamation Pack on some pounds by doing some simple weight lifting exercises that work major muscle groups, and get regular doses of quality protein, carbs, and good fats Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many questions...Law enfourcement job?   So many questions...Law enfourcement job? Empty

Back to top Go down

So many questions...Law enfourcement job?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-