Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Shoplifting and Public Intox

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
danajs24

Shoplifting and Public Intox _
PostSubject: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 am

2 years ago I was arrested for shoplifting and public intoxication. I plead guilty and since Iowa currently doesn't expunge if you didn't get a differed judgement, it seems I'm stuck with these charges. Is it impossible for me to get into law enforcement?
Back to top Go down
ChiefDPD

PostSubject: Re: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:09 pm

It isn't impossible. I wouldn't hire you for quite some time. Two years isn't a long time. We always get a lot of applications when we hire lately. I wouldn't even consider you for at least another five years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Probably impossible for at least a few years. Your chances might be better if you were a juvenile at the time. Also what you stole or the value of what you stole might make a difference. You could be automatically disqualified by a lot of departments right now but in a few years you might not be. But you still might not get hired very easy because competition will probably be tough. A lot of people won't have records.
Back to top Go down
SWAT2

PostSubject: Re: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Forget getting hired anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
TeddyBee

PostSubject: Re: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I agree that you won't get hired soon, but don't give up if you really want to do law enforcement Exclamation Smile
Back to top Go down
ChiefDPD

PostSubject: Re: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

Of course, if your shoplifting constituted a felony and you were convicted, you can't become a police officer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoplifting and Public Intox   Shoplifting and Public Intox Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoplifting and Public Intox

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-